Challenge Discovery is Richmond’s leader in team building.
For more than 35 years, Challenge Discovery has been changing lives
with our team-building activities. We work with middle and high schoolers,
college students and community groups at our exciting Odyssey ropes
course in Richmond, VA. We help young people dare more, and share more,
than they ever thought possible.
Three reasons to choose our team building activities
1 — Learning That Lasts
2 — Methodology That Works
3 — Experience That’s Proven
1. The positive benefits of our team building programs last long after the day is done.
We love seeing the anticipation on young participants’ faces when they arrive for an exhilarating day at our
Odyssey Course. But even more than that, we love hearing them talk about what they learned at the end
of the day — about the moments when they helped each other, cheered each other, and pushed past the limits of
what they thought they could do. Challenge Discovery isn’t just a fun team building activity. It’s a powerful
experience that serves as a catalyst for positive change.
2. We believe in the power of experiential learning.
You can talk to your team for hours about the importance of taking risks, supporting each other, and
communicating clearly. But at Challenge Discovery, you can see them grasp these crucial life lessons in a
single moment: when they’re striving hand-in-hand to reach their goal. That’s why we say Adventure Is
Our Classroom: experiential learning really works!
3. We’re the premier provider of team building activities in Richmond, VA.
Challenge Discovery pioneered experiential learning and team building in Richmond, Virginia more than
35 years ago, and since then we’ve worked with hundreds of local middle school, high school, college and
community groups. We’ve seen many imitators spring up, but none deliver the same quality we do.
We’re committed to delivering the best programs with highly trained facilitators, a 1:15 staff to participant ratio,
and a customized approach to planning the day for each group. We have a sterling safety record, and we pride
ourselves on delivering incredible value for surprisingly affordable rates.
Looking for effective team building activities in Richmond? Talk to us about how Challenge Discovery can help
create lasting, positive change for your group.
Our team-building programs
We offer three customizable programs:
• TeamOdyssey: This series of problem-solving challenges takes place on and around our high ropes course
at the University of Richmond.
• TeamMobile: Facilitators come to your school, church or organization and lead fun activities that improve
communication, build trust and bond your group together.
• Teaming the Teachers: This is the same as our TeamMobile program but designed specifically for educators,
this program is the only one we offer for adults.
Want more information on our programs, including rates and availability? Contact us today!
Everything we do is guided by our mission: to engage young people in powerful and fun experience-based
learning as a catalyst for building relationships, improving self-esteem and supporting their peers.
1. We promote the building of deep, meaningful relationships based on vulnerability and trust.
2. We help individuals understand the value of working together and supporting each other.
3. We provide opportunities for people to do things they did not think were possible and to feel good about themselves.