Challenge Discovery is Richmond’s leader in team building.
Challenge Discovery is Richmond’s premier team building and leadership development company. For nearly 40 years, Challenge Discovery has been changing lives with our unique and customized programming. We offer experiences for middle schoolers, high schoolers, college students and community groups, whether at your location or at our high ropes course at the University of Richmond. We help young people dare more and share more than they ever thought possible.
Why should you choose our team building activities?
1. We integrate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) into every experience.
We have specifically integrated the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) framework into the fabric of our programs. Using the CASEL model, we focus on the core competencies of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision Making. Combining this model with our record of impactful programming allows individuals to develop these skills in themselves, while helping their peers seek to do the same.
2. Our programs are custom designed for each team.
Before every team building program, our staff communicates with your team’s leaders to find out what specific goals your team is currently striving to meet in the short term and long term. Based off of this information, we then design a unique program of proven experiential learning activities for your team.
3. We’re the premier provider of leadership development and team building activities in Richmond, VA
Challenge Discovery pioneered experiential learning and team building in Richmond, Virginia for nearly 40 years, and since then we’ve worked with hundreds of local middle school, high school, college and community groups. We’ve seen many imitators spring up, but none deliver the same quality we do. We’re committed to delivering the best programs with highly trained facilitators and a customized approach to planning the day for each group. We have a sterling safety record, and we pride ourselves on delivering incredible value for surprisingly affordable rates.
4. We believe in the power of experiential learning.
You can talk to your team for hours about the importance of taking risks, supporting each other, and communicating clearly. But at Challenge Discovery, you can see them grasp these crucial life lessons in a single moment: when they’re striving hand-in-hand to reach their goal. That’s why we say Adventure Is Our Classroom: experiential learning really works!
5. The positive benefits of our team building programs last long after the day is done.
We love seeing the anticipation on young participants’ faces at the beginning of our programs. But even more than that, we love hearing them talk about what they learned at the end of the day — about the moments when they helped each other, cheered for each other, and pushed past the limits of what they thought they could do. Challenge Discovery isn’t just a fun team building activity. It’s a powerful experience that serves as a catalyst for positive change.
We’re committed to delivering the best programs with highly trained facilitators, a 1:15 staff to participant ratio, and a customized approach to planning the day for each group. We have a sterling safety record, and we pride ourselves on delivering incredible value for surprisingly affordable rates.
Looking for effective team building activities in Richmond? Talk to us about how Challenge Discovery can help create lasting, positive change for your group.
Our Team Building Programs
We offer two programs:
- Team Odyssey: This series of problem-solving challenges takes place on and around our high ropes course at the University of Richmond.
- Common Ground: On your turf, facilitators come and lead fun activities that improve communication, build trust and bond your group together.
Want more information on our programs, including rates and availability? Contact us today!
Everything we do is guided by our mission: to engage young people in powerful and fun experience-based learning as a catalyst for building relationships, improving self-esteem and supporting their peers.
- We promote the building of deep, meaningful relationships based on vulnerability and trust.
- We help individuals understand the value of working together and supporting each other.
- We provide opportunities for people to do things they did not think were possible and feel good about themselves.
A few of our Clients
- Bailey Bridge Middle School Adventure Recreation
- Collegiate School
- Robious Middle School Fit for Life
- Matoaca Middle School PE
- St. Catherine’s School Sixth Graders
- Pocahontas Middle Schol
- Swift Creek Middle School Honors Team Institute
- Manchester Middle School
- Orchard House School
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School
- St. Gertrude High School Leadership Programs
- Clover Hill High School Math & Science Ninth Graders
- Cosby High School Mentors
- Meadowbrook High School Mentors
- Richmond Christian School
- Hanover County Emerging Leaders
- Hermitage High School Life Planning Class
- Monacan High School Band
- James River High School
- Chesterfield County SAGE
- University of Richmond Orientation Advisors
- VCU Ram Camp
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Randolph-Macon College
- University of Mary Washington Orientation Leaders
- VCU Women’s Tennis
- Longwood Zeta Tau Alpha
- University of Virginia Batten School
- University of Richmond Family Weekend
- St. Marks Church – NC
- First Presbyterian
- St. James’ Episcopal Church
- St. Stephen’s Church
- Grace Baptist Church
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
- Camp Alkulana
- Camp Hanover
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- VA National Guard State Teen Panel
- Young Adult Police Commissioners