Training Dates Approaching:
We offer in-house training to all new facilitators! Attendance at one of our one-week training sessions is mandatory. Upcoming training sessions are listed here:
TBD – June
TBD – July
TBD – August
Continue reading about what it is like to work for Challenge Discovery!
Challenge Discovery is more than a company
We are a process that provides experiences for groups all around the Commonwealth of Virginia. We help school groups and community groups of all ages:
- Develop personal self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Build relationships… and fast!
- Understand and practice the skills necessary to create a mutually supportive environment.
Interested in learning how to involve yourself? Read on about two opportunities to be a part of Challenge Discovery in Richmond, VA.
Work as a Challenge Discovery Facilitator
What is it like?
Click the picture below to watch a video about what it is like to work as a Challenge Discovery Facilitator!
Are you the kind of person who is…
- …early for work?
- ….a self starter? Do you take the skills you have to problem solve?
- …..aware of your surroundings? Would you say that you keep your head on a swivel?
- ……willing to take a hard look at yourself, in order to develop your skills as an employee, and a team member?
- …….readily trying to get out of your comfort zone?
- ……..looking for work, primarily in late Spring, Summer, and Fall?
- ………energized by working mostly with middle and high school students?
In other words, YOU bring the…
- Willingness to learn We provide 40 hours of hands-on training and on-the job training working alongside seasoned facilitators. In addition to that, our facilitators are constantly learning and growing and participating in professional development opportunities at our team meetings.
- Passion for our mission Our facilitators believe in what we do. We engage people in powerful and fun experience-based learning activities as a catalyst for building relationships, improving self-esteem and supporting their peers.
- Stamina and commitment The work we do is hard. But at the end of each day, no matter how hot, tired, or exhausted you are, we hope you will be energized, satisfied, and gratified.
- Flexible schedule Our facilitators work whenever we have programs scheduled. This means that your schedule will change from one week to the next. Applicants must be available on weekdays during the school day, working 1-3 days per week, on average.
Our schedules work really well for stay-at-home parents and early retirees!
…and WE will provide the rest. We offer…
- 40 hours of training in Richmond, VA, because we believe in investing in you, as our future.
- Pay – beginning $15-$20 per hour (Training is paid at minimum wage)
- A flexible schedule – occurring during the school day, during the week.
- Opportunities to continue your development, and hone your skills!
- Connection to our family of growth-minded, supportive Challenge Discovery Facilitators!
Connect to everything you’ve heard? Look ahead at this final list of Job Requirements, to see what it takes.
Still up for the challenge?? Now, all you have to do is…
Work as a Challenge Discovery Intern
Challenge Discovery offers paid spring, summer and fall internships for college students. While interns’ exact responsibilities vary by season, our internships offer hands-on experience in three main areas:
- Leadership and education: Assist with program delivery, working closely with trained facilitators to lead groups through team building programs, and help maintain our Odyssey course (see job description above).
- Sales and marketing: Assist with sales, marketing, event planning and social media, helping us reach our core audience of students from elementary school through college, youth groups, youth sports teams, scouting groups and community groups, among others.
- Administration and operations: Help manage our back-end operations, including scheduling and staffing, and get a glimpse of what it takes to successfully run a fast-paced small business.
All Challenge Discovery internships can be customized to meet the specific requirements of your school’s curriculum. Our internships are relevant to majors such as Outdoor Recreation, Leadership Studies, Parks and Recreation Management, Sport Management, Marketing/Advertising, Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, Psychology, Social Work/Sociology, Graphic Arts/Design and Liberal Arts.