At the Challenge Discovery, we never forget how important it is to give back to the community that supports us. Here are just a few of the ways we put good corporate citizenship into action every day.
- Offering “open enrollment” programs to the community for FREE. Each month we offer an experiential learning program with a specific theme for anyone (certain restrictions may apply) that would like to learn more about themselves and others through a challenging, hands-on experience. Themes include: resolutions and commitments, fitness, family relationships, perseverance and “thank you” to our veterans an families.
- Giving families a break. Because we never want anyone to miss out on our programs due to an inability to pay, we use 5% of our revenue to finance the Challenge Discovery’s Greater Good Campaign to provide scholarships and discounts to those in need.
- Caring for the earth. They say green is the new black, but we’ve been green for nearly 35 years. Our facilities are designed to work “with” the land, we use “green” construction techniques, earth-friendly products and recycle as many cans and plastic bottles as possible during programs.
- Keeping quality high and fees low. Our first priority is safety and the quality of our programs. Doing it right and leaving nothing to chance is expensive. As costs continue to rise, we do everything we can to keep our fees as low as possible.
- Supporting local charities. Every year, we donate more than $10,000 of “in-kind” donations to local organizations that use them for fund-raising auctions.